The Workplace Safety and Health (Risk Management) Regulations came into effect on 1st Sep 06. All employers, self-employed, principals, contractors and sub-contractors are required to conduct risk assessments to identify potential safety problems at their workplaces. They will then need to implement measures to control or reduce these hazards.
This unit provides learners with knowledge and skills to be Risk Management Champions for their organisation in reducing risks at source by managing the risk management process at their workplaces. It involves developing a practical risk management implementation plan for the organisation which identify specific actions to be taken, by whom and time for their completion. It also entails formation of risk management team, risk assessment, controlling and monitoring the risks, communicating these risks to all persons involved and in compliance with the Code of Practice on Risk Management.
This unit provides learners the opportunity to practise, and apply the knowledge and skills learnt to produce a practical risk management plan for the organisation, conduct hazard identification, apply risk assessment methodology to evaluate risks and implement the hierarchy of controls to mitigate risks as well as hazard communication through classroom discussions and practices.The mode of assessment for this unit may include work activity/assignment and written/oral tests.This is one of the bizSAFE modules that leads to the award of WSQ Statement of Attainment in recognition of bizSAFE (level 2) by Workplace Safety and Health Council.
On completion of this unit, learners will acquire the knowledge and skills to be a Risk Management Champion for the organisation in reducing risks at source by managing the risk management process at workplace and for recognition of bizSAFE level 2 by Workplace Safety and Health Council. It involves developing a practical risk management implementation plan for the organisation which identify specific actions to be taken, by whom and time for their completion. It also entails formation of risk management team, risk assessment, controlling and monitoring the risks, communicating these risks to all persons involved and in compliance with the Risk Management Regulations and Code of Practice in WSH Risk Management(RMCP).
For this workshop to be useful & relevant, companies are encouraged to send in teams with sample process flowcharts and other information for application in group-based workshop activities. A major deliverable will be the establishment of risk management implementation plans by participants for their companies in the course.
- Verify the expectations of a risk management champion with relevant person in accordance with organisational Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) policy
- Form a risk management team based on organisational WSH policy and in compliance with WSH (Risk Management) Regulations requirements
- Establish hazard identification methodology for the workplace to identify WSH hazards associated with any work activity or trade
- Establish risk assessment methodology for the workplace to determine the risk levels of the identified hazards associated with any work activity or trade
- Establish risk control measures methodology for the workplace to manage the identified risks to a level as low as reasonably practicable by following the principles of hierarchy of control
- Develop a workplace risk management plan to implement the hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures in accordance with organisational WSH policy
- Present the risk management plan to relevant stakeholders for consideration in accordance with organisational procedures
- Communicate the identified hazard, risk evaluated, and implemented risk control measures to the person concerned in accordance with risk management plan
2 days (9.30am – 5.30pm)
7,8 and 22,23
16,17 and 30,31
1,2 and 14,15
or your preferred date (for inhouse runs): Please email to email@example.com
(inhouse and/or customised training packages are also available)
(before GST) - (SDF Grant are available, please apply via www.skillsconnect.gov.sg). Course Code: CRS-Q-0023166-MF
*Refreshments are provided.
Bond Training Centre (photos)
The Plaza, 7500A Beach Road, #12-324, Singapore 199591
How to get here:
MRT: Bugis Station / Nicoll Highway Station
Bus: 10, 14, 16, 70, 196, 700 (alight at The Concourse, Nicoll Highway)
100, 107, 961, 980 (alight at hotel Parkroyal, Beach Road)
Location map of Bond International
Participant/s to log on to the following link to fill in their personal information for submission to WDA for printing of certificate once you have attended the course: click Here
Bond International Consultants Pte Ltd reserves all rights to change the information in this webpage, substitute programme/programme leaders, change the venue/class size, postpone or cancel the programmes without prior notice.
Withdrawal / Refund / Appeal Policy
Written notice of withdrawal received:
>14 working days before commencement of the course – full refund
≤ 14 working days before commencement of the course – 50% refund
≤ 3 working days before commencement of the course, or No show during the course day – No refund